The Kenya Editors’ Guild (KEG) is a professional organisation that brings together print, broadcast, digital and other electronic media editors. It seeks to defend and promote media freedom and independence in Kenya; promote quality and ethical journalism; provide a forum for dealing with the issues that affect the media and journalists; and to network with other professional organisations in furtherance of journalistic independence in a sustainable manner.
The Guild is keen to hire a professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the position of Finance and Administration Officer on contract basis
Key tasks are to:
- Implementation of the financial systems and procedures as per established guidelines and making recommendations on improvements where necessary;
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly and other periodic financial reports including donor reports within the stipulated timeframe.
- Coordination and preparation of annual budgets for review by the committee members;
- Management of the organization’s resources in relation to programs and organizational objectives.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the organization’s programs administrative and personnel budgets;
- Ensuring that donor obligations in relation to financing and accounting of programs are met in a timely, accountable and transparent manner;
- Doing monthly bank reconciliations.
- Strategic and tactical advise on financial, administrative and human resource to the Management Board;
- Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly results-based monitoring reports for the Finance and Administration Team.
- Monthly Payroll processing
- Ensuring all statutory including but not limited to PAYE, NHIF, NSSF & Withholding Tax deductions are remitted on time to the relevant authorities.
- Maintain the Organization’s Fixed Assets Register
- Ensuring that travel advances for staff are processed in a timely manner
- Administration of Office Petty Cash
- Maintaining the books of account of the Organization and ensuring all transactions are posted on QuickBooks in a timely manner.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Finance and/or Accounting from a recognized university
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant Kenya (CPA K) or its equivalent
- Must be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and in good standing.
- 3 years of service, or similar experience in a comparable position in a reputable organization.
- Demonstrated experience of overall responsibility and accountability for the financial management of an organization preferably an INGO.
- Well conversant with computer applications – MS Office is mandatory
- Knowledge of accounting principles and hands on experience of using computerized financial accounting systems Knowledge of SAGA (accountancy software) will be considered a plus
- Experience in managing donor projects
- Experience in the media industry
- Good presentation and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize high numeracy and sound technical skills
- The ability to balance the demands of work with other commitments
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships
Suitable candidates are requested to send their applications by Wednesday September 22, 2021 at 5pm by uploading their details and documents at the following link: https://forms.gle/1wojdb3r5cvYLN3w8